Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Stuck: Which Way To Go?

"Last night, I was watching a television reality show and somehow I saw myself on one of those teen personalities. I admit that I don't really liked her at first because she looks bossy and "playing safe"-according to her other opponents. So what made me think that we are the same? Last night, she was being confronted by her friends because it seems like she was taking the side of the new "house mate", when in fact she just wanted to befriend their new house mate. She explains that she doesn't know if she's doing the right thing or not. Her so-called friends doesn't listen to her. Just because they have bad feelings for the new girl, doesn't mean that she should also be affected. She observed that the new girl was always left out and she doesn't want that to happen."

I certainly know how she feels. I've been like her years ago. There was a time when I have to face and make a tough decision. There was this girl who went for a vacation in Iloilo, that's near our house, while that time, I was in Cavite. When I went home, my friends told me and warned me to not go near that girl because she was mean and so rude. But I don't take it from there. I don't live by gossips and talks, unless I have proved so. The new girl and I became friends and realized that she was a total opposite to what they've been telling me. She was pretty sure nice and friendly. We played together(heck!this happened when I was still in third grade) When my "trusted friends" learned about this, they started to ignore me and acted like I never existed. I never knew how, why or what the reason was. And the time came, when I was made to choose between them(my old friends) and her(my new friend)

I was stuck. So what should I do? I thought. I was so bothered. Follow your heart, that's what everybody told me. And that was what I did. I mean, I don't need to choose. Friendship is a fragile relationship which we all should handle carefully. They already know from the start that they're my friends and if they trust me as their friend, they don't need to make me choose. I love them, and I always will. Now, if they too love me, they should not just limit myself from making friends with other people, because that's what makes me happy. Of course, I suffered days of still being ignored by them, but in the end, they too realized that I was also right. We became friends again and my new friend went back to Manila.=)

Now, I'm just happy to have some of the best-est friends in the world, friends, whom God carefully picked to be my friends!Vienna, Hannah and Rae!=p

No comments: