Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sense of Fruition

Just a month from now, school days are already going to begin. I took the NAT result at West Visayas State University yesterday and it was so frustrating for my part because I was not able to pass. I think there were more than a thousand students who took the Nursing Aptitude Test and they took top 220 students according to their rank(which basically includes 25% of the General Average for School Year 2007-2008,25% of the score in the WVSU Entrance Exam, another 40% for NAT, and 10% for the Interview)As what I've said, they took 220 students which will then be screened and undergo an interview. Ok, what made me pissed off was that I was ranked 248th. How close is that? But anyway, I thought I wasn't made for that school.

Grr!I think the Central Spirit keeps on haunting me. And maybe my fate is to pursue my studies at CPU(crap!i will definitely be receiving a Loyalty Award)I was surprised because things kind of changed. Can you actually believe that they were all fine if I took Software Engineering instead of Nursing! My mind was a constant battle field of what i should do and what i should not. I have to decide! They(my parents and some family members) were even a bit forcing me to take Engineering. Well, I have to admit that Engineering was my childhood dream, and until High School, I still dreamed of taking up that course. I always bragged(i don't know if i should call that bragging) about me, taking up Engineering when i reach college. For a moment, I finally told them that YES, I WILL TAKE UP ENGINEERING, but my mind and most especially my heart, wasn't satisfied with my decision. I thought about the situation again and again. I don't know what to do. There is that colossal part in my heart which shouts that I SHOULD BE TAKING UP NURSING! Can't I just get both courses?

Now, I have to decide. And I will take ENGINEERING, because I thought I really wanted this course. A part of me still isn't satisfied but that's what I have decided. I still remembered that time when I was in Kinder and our teacher asked us what we wanted to take up when we grew up, I always gave a different answer, because I was really confident that I will take up Engineering, while all the other girls wanted to take Nursing. Those were moments were definitely, the most precious memory I have because from those motivations, my dreams were born. I'm just happy with my decision as for now.

No comments: